Benefits of Chamber Membership
Become a Lewis County Chamber Member Today!
Are you looking for an easy, cost-effective way to increase leads and sales? Maybe you’re a business owner interested in expanding. Or, perhaps you’re eager to start your own small business. You may also be looking to contribute something to the community and improve the economy of our region. The benefits of Chamber membership are many, but here are a few key examples of what the Chamber can do for you:
Business Contacts and Exposure
- Networking opportunities at monthly dinners and Business After Hours events give you exposure to potential business affiliates and prospective clients or patients.
- You’ll receive The Chamber Newsletter, a monthly publication full of business information, details about Chamber programs, and other useful information to help you keep on top of local business and economy.
- You gain exposure with free listings in our annual Membership Directory. This useful booklet is available to consumers and tourists who are likely to want or need your services or products.
- You can sponsor the monthly newsletter and obtain display advertising for a nominal fee.
- Your direct mail promotions are easier and less expensive with your Chamber membership. You can purchase the Chamber’s mailing labels at a discount rate, giving you direct access to a prime audience of business prospects. But that’s not all! We also have a bulk mailing permit that you will be able to use as a Chamber member.
- You also gain valuable exposure through this Web site. Chamber members receive a free listing on the Chamber website. FREE links are provided to those Chamber members who have a website. With your Chamber membership you also qualify for website advertising at a nominal quarterly rate.
- Community Involvement. Our members are well respected throughout the community. If you choose to become a member you will have opportunities to be involved in committees. This will lead to you having a voice in the community.
New members are encouraged to take part in our new member consultation. This meeting allows you one-on-one time with our Executive Director to discuss how the Lewis County Chamber of Commerce can benefit you.
- Keep abreast of the latest technology, business developments, and economic happenings with seminars, webinars and training sessions the Chamber offers throughout the year.
- With your membership, you can request free assistance from the Chamber for your special events. Some of the events we can help you with are grand openings, groundbreakings, and anniversary celebrations. We can provide you with invitation mailing lists, catering recommendations, suggestions on date and time, organization of ceremonies, and more.
- When you join the Chamber, you add your business to an extensive referral program. The Chamber receives thousands of requests each year for recommendations on goods and services to be purchased in Lewis County. We refer these newcomers, visitors, and residents to our Chamber members providing the requested services and products.
- You are entitled, as a Chamber member, to leave some of your business brochures at the Chamber office for visitors to take. We also take this information to trade shows in a tri-state region where it reaches hundreds of thousands of people each year.
- We maintain up-to-date lists of all the businesses, agencies, and organizations in Lewis County and make these lists available to Chamber members. Imagine how much time and money this can save you and your company!
- We provide effective inter-agency cooperation for our members. We work hand-in-hand with primary economic development agencies, including Lewis County Industrial Development Agency, Lewis County Historical Society, Lewis County Snowmobile Association, Tug Hill Commission, Adirondack Regional Tourism Council, Adirondack North Country Association, and Development Authority of the North Country.
- Each month a new business is chosen to have a display in the Chamber office. This is an excellent opportunity to promote your business to potential customers who may not typically see what you have to offer.
See our members’ businesses and organizations. Considering our diversified business types and our dedication to pleasing customers, you are sure to find exactly what you need in Lewis County. If you have questions or need help in addition to what you can find here, call the Chamber office at 315-376-2213.