The first settlers to Turin arrived in 1797, with the first house there built by Judah Barnes in 1798. Turin experienced steady growth throughout the 18th century and was incorporated as a village on November 29, 1873. Snow Ridge Ski Centerwas founded in 1945. lt had the first completed T-bar lift made by Hall Ski Lift Corporation, then located at Burdick’s Crossing (Lewis County). The row of buildings on the southeast corner is known as the Brick Block, or sometimes the Riggs Block. The family built the current building after the original building burned on Christmas Day, 1869. The Brick Block was the center of commerce in the village for many years. It now stands empty.
Just south of the village is the limestone house built by Ethan Perry about 1842 of Trenton limestone quarried near Lyons Falls. The Freihof Lodge. Main Street. is an old North Country farmhouse built in the mid·1800s. It has accommodated guests since 1960.